Wow, what an exciting week at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair! So much to see, smell and taste…talk about a sensory overload! Friday was a beautiful day to bike down to the Royal and see the sights. Some of our favorites exhibitions were:
- All the amazing local foods including jams, chutneys, salsas, mustards, sausages, ice cream, cheese etc….. etc…. SO MUCH FOOD!!! We especially liked -An Apple a Day- dried apple chips
- Carrot City Urban Agriculture exhibition- great to see that the Royal is supporting new and innovative ideas coming from our universities
- the Bernardin Preserving competitions – I was so inspired after seeing all the imaginative preserves that people had made… got some great ideas for next years preserving!
- The giant vegetable challenge – you should have seen the world’s largest pumpkin!
- The cattle competitions – As a farm girl, I enjoy watching the cattle shows, as I am transported back to my 4H days with all the excitement and anticipation that comes with showing.
It was such a great day that we didn’t want to leave! But luckily we brought home some great food that we’ll be able to enjoy all year round. Already looking forward to next year!